...and I was in Borders in line for my copy of
TWILIGHT! I
DID NOT preorder...I thought I would not get in on the craze this go around and I didn't
HAVE to be the one of the
FIRST to get the
DVD. I was at my dear friend Patty's and her daughter mentioned that she really wanted to go...one look is all it took...and we were on our way to Border's to pick up our copy. Our
GREAT excuse was "Well, we had to take the young girls...they love it and only have one chance to have fun and to be a part of the phenomenon." I texted a few friends...too late for them....texted my sister who dragged my Mom to come. So Borders is very
LAME! They had a group of orange and yellow who were smart and preordered the movie...and 100 of us late comers got white tickets. If you didn't have a ticket, then you had to wait for a chance. We ended up with 3 white tickets and thought we had a good shot! We
DID ask them how many extras they had and they didn't know...now we got there at 10 pm for the festivities...and then at 11:45 they tell us they only had about 20 extra DVD's for us white ticket holders. Our numbers were 53, 54, and 60...so we were out of luck. ( Now if I was running the store, I would've counted and then passed out only 20 white tickets. Just a thought for next time Borders!! ) We didn't know what to do..we got a text that the Walmart on Moreno Beach sold out...and then Patty had a
GREAT idea!
BLOCKBUSTER!! There is one on Central...we drove down Central and then realized we were lost....so we turned on Canyon Crest..and we then remembered that Central is a weird street and there the two met...in front of
BLOCKBUSTER! It looked a bit dark and maybe not even open...I ran in and they had
BOXES of
TWILIGHT! No one knew they had it...so we ALL got a copy and we
ALL went home happy. Watched it. Loved it. And learned that next time...just go to Blockbuster!...and it
IS ok to preorder!!
Amanda and her friends that BEGGED us to go...how can you let them down?

For real....an EDWARD ACTION FIGURE...now I am in on the craze just as much as anyone! But really..an action figure? I do not know of any 7 year old boys who are into this??

Mom, V, and her friend Ashley waiting patiently with us in the cold..yes it was cold in So Cal! (:
Patty and I...12 midnight...it was past our bedtime! (: haha
We were standing by the window...and saw them..I was surprised the window wasn't smashed and the girls raided them...
Blockbuster even had teeth for all of us! They were a bit surprised to see all of us running in there to see if they had any more!..
BOXES!
V with her
NEW prized possession! 
Blockbuster came through!
7 comments:
I didn't go at midnight, I don't know why but I was a little "over" the whole Twilight thing for a minute.
I quickly picked up a copy at Walmart the next day and was thrilled they weren't sold out. haha
The funnest part of these late night outings are being with all your friends and family! So I am sad I missed out on that.
I have officially read the Twilight book now. I just finished it last night. I started it on Sunday night so it took me less than 24 hours (even with kids and hubby being home, meals, baths, some sleep, etc. I hate reading a book slowly. I want to read it, finish it and do nothing else!). I liked it. It was really engrossing but not as much as it would have been if I had read it and the rest of the series like everyone else before the movie came out so I would be surprised, anxious and all that. Since I knew all about all of the book's major events thanks to Wikipedia, hearing people talk about it everywhere and seeing the first movie I missed out on all of the suspense. I'm a tad bummed that I waited until now to start the books. But, I also did nothing yesterday but take minimal and a little begrudging care of my family and read, read, read for 24 hours so I should make myself wait for the next book which I don't have anyways. It was fun to read. I like the book much better than the movie although the movie is very good. The book just has so much more that they couldn't even begin to fit into a movie. But hey, we'd all happily watch a 20 hour Twilight movie right? I guess I've been bitten...not a lunatic but definitely bitten.
Sorry for the long comment - I finally had something to actually say now that I read the first book! I need to watch the movie again because I've only seen it once which makes me a lightweight right? :)
So I still haven't seen the movie...no Blockbuster's here in the back woods:) We need to have a Twilight party. Why don't you come here and visit? Bring the movie, I will supply the snacks!
How funny, you're such a "Twi-hard", ha ha (don't worry, I am too:)
Oh, the Twilight craze! After getting a total synopsis of the series from a friend, I almost gave up my boycott, but not quite. Looks like a fun bonding experience. The family looks great! Curse your April Fools Facebook joke.
How lame am I...I finally saw Twilight at the Dollar movie 3 hours before it was released on DVD! At least I got to see it at the theater. I wasn't expecting much (I had been forewarned by my Twilight-loving friends), so I really enjoyed it! And I say, why not join in on the craziness...that is what memories are made of! Good luck in Boise!
How fun! There is this blog I came across where this girl takes the Edward doll every where on all her adventures. Then she writes about it with pictures and all. Sounds lame, but she is hilarious. So glad you got to do that. I would have also if I had friends to go with. I am not as pathetic as that just sounded.
Post a Comment