This is probably one of my favorite holidays! We have made it into a day event over the years. Every year we go to Oceanside beach...so this year was a trying one for me. I had NO idea what to do out here! So I explored the internet for ideas and for where to go. All the cities have great websites of things to do in their neck of the woods. I discovered a place called Cascade, Idaho. My first thought was that it sounded like a Disney movie...thanks Cinthia for that thought! haha So we decided that instead of going into Boise or one of the surrounding cities, that we would travel an hour up the mountain and see what Cascade had to offer. They launch the fireworks off the Lake Cascade. There were tons of boats, a small farmers market and lots of locals! Really not too crowded. Which was nice...I bet Boise was crazy busy. So next year....we want to go all day and enjoy the lake and shops. We also went and saw Ice Age with Sammie and Wes....Dylan and Dave saw Transformers...great movies!
I am so grateful to live in a country where we have the ability to live our lives in a manner that we want. I am grateful for those who serve our country to protect us. I am so proud to live in this free country...I am proud to be an American! It is the greatest feeling on this day to celebrate our freedoms, the men and women who serve US, and our families and friends.
The Grogan kids with Mombo
Being silly...what they do best! ha
Dylan always being cool
Sweet Sammie
Fun Wesley
Red, White, and Blue
On our way up...we discovered the river with lots of rapids! It is so beautiful and inspiring!
Gorgeous!
This was really too early in the evening to take this pic...there were hundreds of boats on the lake! What a life!
Wesley with his first sparkler! My battery died and this is the only sparkler pic I have..): There is always next year!
Wes was getting impatient...we had to wait for sundown to see the firework show..and that happens at 10:45pm...yep...very late!
Dad and his girl!
I really don't like myself in pics...I need to get better about being in them! Me and my boys!
I was a bit nervous of the fireworks..were they really legal?? haha...they were so much fun! And the kids thought it was cool to set off our own fireworks!




4 comments:
I spent one Fourth of July in Idaho....I don't know what lake though, it was beautiful!
Looks like you had a great time! I miss running into you!
I just remembered an old family favorite summer cool-down place: Eagle Island. It's a park with a beach and water slide and such. Nice little place if you ever have the time to check it out.
Also, have you been to Lake Lowell? MUCH closer to where you live than Lucky Peak, and BIG! It's free. It's mostly a birds and fishes lake, so if you're not into bird-watching or fishing it can be boring. But it's nice for little nature walks and the like.
If you guys are into skiing, you'll have to check out Bogus and Brundage sometime! But not before Thanksgiving, which is when we usually get our first snowfall!
Congrats on discovering a new place to continue your family traditions! I am so glad you are discovering some of what the area has to offer!!
Post a Comment