Saturday, July 5, 2008

The crazy that is the 4th of July!!

Our 4th of July tradition is to go to Oceanside beach and enjoy the morning, afternoon and night there....along with everyone else!! (:

We escape the heat by seeing the 4th of July blockbuster...this year it was not hot and overcast and so we didnt see any movies. We didnt feel the urgency to escape the sun...so now we are all sunburned.

Wesley loved the water and I was surpried that he wasnt scared to jump in! He loved it when the waves rolled up and his feet got stuck in the sand. What little wonders will do for kids.

Dylan took the boogie board out and caught several waves..he got pretty good by the end of the day. And then he enjoyed collecting several sandcrabs that he thought to take home...no way that was happening!!(:

Samantha enjoyed her day by running up and down the shore and making new friends. Then she started on her sand castle creations...though the waves had other plans for her.

Some of our friends decided to be be daring and join us. We had a blast with everyone! After dinner we geared up for the fireworks..and then the fog rolled in...we heard them this year instead of seeing them. The whole point is the fireworks on the ocean. They are amazing! I felt bad that our good friends came and confronted the crowds with us...and then a bummer of an end. Luckily we all had a great day..so it wasnt too bad. So this year we heard and imagined.

We had a great day and hope that all of you had a great 4th of July as well!

2 comments:

Joi Montrief said...

Ahh that sounds like fun! Rob and I drove over to Huntington Beach and saw the fireworks with the other millions of people that were there. It was awesome. I think Camereon and Vivian were at Oceanside too! Did you see them there amongst the masses??? hehe

Cazier Craziness said...

Fun!! I will never forget the one time i saw the fireworks on the beach. Amazing. Sorry the night was a bust, but it sounds like you guys had a great day. I saw your Dad on the fourth and he said you guys are on hold till December for Idaho. That stinks. Keep us updated.