Saturday, November 15, 2008

Riley Farms and Sam

I had the absolute pleasure to go on a school field trip with my fun daughter Samantha. The first grade classes went to Riley Farms. I had a group of three that included Samantha. They were good kids and we went around the farm to learn about colonial life and how a farm worked then. And of course I went and ordered a fabulous pie and chicken pot pie! Yum! Yum! These pictures were uploaded backwards, sorry about that. We had a blast and hope to go again.

Samantha and Bailey fell asleep on the bus on the way home.


I love this picture of Samantha..she is so pretty....


The Riley Farms house that is now a restaurant and bakery....it smells like fresh baked bread all the time!


Trying to be creative...


Samantha with a fan demonstrating how to properly decline a dance at a ball...


Samantha escort...her make believe big brother...tkaing her to the ball....


Writing with quills and ink...it was fun


Churning butter...but we didn't get to try it. We also made cider..again we didn;t get to try it ):..but they did give us carmel apples..yummy!!


Playing hoop and stick...by the end of the 10 minute rotation they had picked it up..


Weaving a scraf perhaps....it was kind of tricky for the first graders to weave, but they liked trying anyway...


Samantha and I...I think it turned out pretty good....


My group...Bailey, Makein, and Samantha


Bailey and Samantha on the bus...let me tell you, I was not excited about riding a bus full of first graders up the mountain to Oak Glen...but at least we weren't going up to Big Bear!

1 comment:

Cazier Craziness said...

Good to see seat belts on the bus!! :)