Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sadness...









I knew that people would be upset about Prop 8 passing, but I never expected this...It breaks my heart to see people in front of a temple and protesting. It saddens me to see people climb the gated fence with bullhorns to tell the world that Mormons are bigots and should go to hell. I saw the picture of the temple with the SWAT team on the grounds protecting it and I thought that we may not be so far off from having them protect the grounds at all times. The last picture is how I want to remember the LA temple...peaceful, beautiful, clean...I hope that the protesters are learning what tolerance truly is and I hope that they will find a more peaceful way to protest.

2 comments:

Joi Montrief said...

I know it's crazy. For some reason I thought that I wouldn't hear about 'Prop 8' anymore, but I guess I was wrong. I just hope it gets better before it gets worse. Just another fight to fight I guess...or maybe another chance to show the world how christlike we are!

On another note...
I don't have your address - can you email it to me?

joimalkin@hotmail.com

Da Bergs said...

Oh my gosh! It just kills me! It was fun standing with you at the corner holding signs! Did you read the article that Lissa posted??!!! It is so sad!!! GREAT article! Read part 2 also!

I am proud of you for loosing weight! I think I will do what you suggest and start writing down what I eat... THANKS!