I was so glad to say goodbye to 2008!!! This has been a year...a year of lots of good things, don't get me wrong...but a year that started and ended hard. I went back through my blog to see all the things that filled our year...it was nice to reflect. I am ready to start 2009 fresh and energized!
Our New Year's Eve day and night did not go as we had planned. We found out the day before that we were going to DJ the Moreno Valley stake youth dance..what the?? haha (: So I told Dave that we would both go and do it together...got to be with my love
and get my New Years kiss!!
The youth of the Moreno Valley stake had a hard morning and said goodbye to a dear friend Gabe Deyo. He passed away on December 23rd, 2008 and his funeral was on New Years Eve. We knew that the youth would be in wierd sorts. It made for a strange day for them...and for us too. The Priests in his ward were his pallbearers and the YM and YW sang at his funeral. Gabe was a sweet and good kid...and he will be dearly missed. I have a few memories of him that I will now hold dear to my heart. We continue to pray for his parents and family.
I am always impressed by the youth of the church and so grateful that I have had many opportunites to be around them and learn from them. We figured that they would not be in the mood to party like its 1999...but we were wrong. They took the week and the morning to reflect and say goodbye to their dear friend. And then when it came time to come to the dance and to be with each other and other kids form various stakes, they celebrated the year and looked onto 2009. I think that this is how Gabe would've wanted it...to have fun...to LIVE.
The dance was fun...the kids were great...it was a great conclusion to 2008. And I got to be with my love...Dave makes it easier to live and to be...we are enjoying our journey...and hope the best is yet to come...
At least there were party favors...oh and Martenelli's! (:
Our view...through the lights and fog...the youth dancing to the Cha Cha Slide...




3 comments:
Hey just wanted to let you know that I used Wesley on my new Blog Header! I get more compliments on that picture:) Hope you don't mind...
I love looking at your blog you are always doing such cute stuff with your kids :)
What a fun thing to do for the New year!
I remember a few times I have had to chaperone the new year's eve youth dances, and I always made sure my honey was with me too! Sad to hear about the young man's funeral, but things like that can really help put life into perspective. We wish you a better 2009!
Post a Comment