Harry S. Truman met his successor, Dwight Eisenhower, at the exit of the U.S. Capitol minutes before the president-elect strolled to the stage to take the oath of office. Truman whispered, “There are thousands of folks out here, millions listening on the radio, and yet you’ll never feel more alone and surrounded with quiet as when you walk out here and get the lay of the land.”
I wonder if that is what it is really like. I do not envy the new President and what he is up against. What a job! I preferred a different man for the job, but in the end the people spoke and picked their man. It will be neat to remember this moment in time and to remember what a historic event this really and truely is. I pray for President Obama and his family like I did with the other Presidents of this great nation. I also thought many times today aobut Martin Luther king and what he would have to say about what will be taking place tomorrow...did he think it would ever happen? For that I think it is amazing and a gret time to be alive to see this moment. I was pleased athat Obama said that Martin Luther king day should be a day of giving service to each other...that sparked some interest...what a great thing to do on a day like today. Could you imagine if everyone gave service to each other and then chose to "pay it forward". Wow! that would be a country to live and die for!
I was pleased with President Bush today as he granted Commutes to the two border patrol agents..that was a great way to leave office...too bad he didn't have a certain "someone" in captivity..That would've been awesome!
As i go to bed tonight i pray for the country, my family, and for leadership in a man who will lead this great nation...I guess time will tell...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment