Sunday, February 22, 2009

Date Festival and the Post of many pics

Every year while David was growing up his family would go to the Date Festival in Indio, CA. It was a tradition of theirs because David's Mom grew up there and she would sing in the pageant and her Mom would have a pork sandwich stand to make money. They would always participate. Even while David was a kid, his Mom would sing in the pageant. We continue to tradition with our family and really have a lot of fun when we go! this year we stayed for a comic who was a German man..and very funny. Then we stayed for the pageant and the concert...

Old McWesley had a farm...
The fair had a theme for us this year...FOOD....yummy snow cone...

There it is in all its glory...the kids each picked out a few flavors...
not really sure what Dylan is doing here...but Wesley is sure cute!
I love this one of Sammie...pausing while she eats the snow cone.
Wesley deep in thought. His poor face was so dirty, he fell and hit his head.
Enjoying the yummiest snow cone

Grandma and Grandpa Grogan

My HOT hubby...he is such a stud!

Wiping off my kisses...I guess I should be offended...

The Pageant stage...since the start of the date Festival the theme is always around Arabian nights...

The german comedian...

the funnel cake...it was da bomb!!! haha

Sammie and Grandma

Dylan, Grandma, and Sammie with Clifford Plummer. Claudia taught him voice lessons and he works in the Palm Springs area performing now. He was in the pageant as a main character.

Samantha and her grandpa

The kids really wanted to go down the super slide...and Dave said I should go and then the kids made me go too. It is a dark picture but we are there. The scary part was walking up the steps and then getting on the platform to get on the slide. It was rickety and shaky...too much for me!

The prize won for.....

....playing darts....they are pretty good.

the fish game...now I HATE carnival games. I think it is a HUGE waste of money...but we won ...

4 goldfish....still a waste of time and money....but the kids love it!
The fried twinkie....pass on it if you come across it....they were even frying up White Castles, we didn't brave that one.
In high school I liked several bands. One of them was the Gin Blossoms..they had a few songs that were ok. They were the concert this night. We went and about 5 minutes into it Dylan says, "Mom can we go...you are old, this is old music...lets go." So we went...


The pageant show

4 comments:

Joi Montrief said...

Gosh...that looks like a lot of fun and all the food looks soooo yummy.

Da Bergs said...

HOW FUN!!! Okay, will you STOP posting pics of yummy food??!!! I am dying here!

CORMELS said...

That looks like so much fun. I am very envious. I wish we had a bit more excitement around here.
Give me a call soon.

Cazier Craziness said...

I was wondering what you were talking about when you said date festival on FB.. I have a sudden craving for funnel cake now! :) Hmmm....where can I find funnel cake?? haha...