Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Block Party Crashing

In the newspaper last week I was reading about stuff to do..and it said that last Tuesday was National Night Out...join the communities and have fun..meet people..police...free food...free games...fun! It also said to come to Virginia Park and that is the location of the Night Out. So I put the info in my GPS...I knew the address. Well when we got here...I was surprised to see a block party..not a city party. I thought we wen tto the wrong place..and that is when I saw it...Virginia ParkWAY!!!! The paper didn't put in the parkway..but just park. So it looked like this party was taking place at a park! Others would've gone home..but we stayed. lol I know..ghetto. lol We really were not sure about what it was and thought we would check it out..I mean it was in the paper after all! After the third time being asked what street we lived on , I knew we had crashed the party. (: But we played it cool and didn't bring attention to ourselves. I asked one of the officers thier about it though..he said that they put it in the paper for others to come and see what they want ALL neighborhoods to do every year. I thought it was very cool and what a great sense of community you get here! I love it!

McGruff the Crime Dog...can't believe he is still around!
The Fire dept. hooked up their rig to the fire hydrant..if there is a drought anywhere in the US..they didn't hear about it! And it was so much fun for the kids!

Dylan has an arm!!
Think it was hot??!!
Wes loves his cotton candy..I forgot how great fresh cotton candy is!
Getting ready to climb the wall...
Dylan was like spiderman...and quick...and just got too tired and too hot to make it to the top!

No comments: