When the kids got home from their first day of school, I had root beer floats waiting for them. We then sat down and drank them together and went over their sweet and sours of the first day at a new school in Idaho. Here is how it went down for them:
Samantha
Sweet: I like my teacher. I have 4 best friends....and they are ALL girls. I like my desk. We get to go to Music class. I like my teacher, she is so nice. The school is cool because it has hallways and I don't have to go outside. I like to walk home. I have 4 best friends.
Sour: ummmm.......ummm.......hmmmm...I don't know.
Dylan
Sweet: I like that I can go pee in the bathroom here. It is clean and safe. Bad things don't happen in there here. (WHAT?!!!!!!!??? You are in 5th grade! WHAT?!!! I called my Mom since she is the secretary at their old school to address that one! ) I like my class and teacher, she drives a harley.
Sour: I don't like going to school. It is too early. (School starts at 9am)
Both Dylan and Samantha are bright and talented students. I know that they will have a great year at this new school! We love it there at Lewis and Clark!




No comments:
Post a Comment