Friday, October 2, 2009

GO BSU!

BSU is a phrase that is heard all over Boise. I have to admit that when I heard it at first, I thought that people were rooting for Black Student Union...and I was confused. Never has a Union gotten so much community involvement. But no it is for Boise State....FOOTBALL!! I have never seen so much school spirit EVER in my life! The people of the Treasure Valley are crazy! You know when they is a game because not only are the cars decked out...but the fans are too. And they aren't even going to the game! The craziest weekend was the first game when the played and killed I might add Oregon State. We watched it on TV...it was fun. Then the next day was crazy too! Maybe I just live next to a ton of fans! We are USC fans....trying to become BSU fans since we live here. 
We were lucky to be able to go to one game with Dave's boss, the owner of ENP Larry and his wife Mirenda and another co worker Dave and his wife Alisha. We had so much fun! We sat in the skybox and met some really cool people. It was a great evening and it was fun rooting for BSU...even though by the end of the game, I started to root for Miami because they didn't score at all the whole game. We had so much fun! Thanks LArry for thinking of us and for the great night!!


Where we ate dinner and sat for the game.
The view from dinner.
Dave and Shannon...sky box tickets baby! haha
Dave and Alisha Luke
Larry and Mirenda Leach
I call this guy..."the super fan". I thought he either bought the ring or his son or grandson plays for BSU...no he just donates $5,000 a  year to the football program and buys $4,000 of season tickets for himself and his wife. They were a fun couple and told us alot about the program and the guys who play for BSU.

The smurf turf.
On TV it is hard sometimes to see the players...but in person it wasn't so bad. I have said that they maybe why BSU has so much success..the other team can't see them on the smurf turf! haha
This wasn't the final score...but dang...come on Miami at least put a fight up! BSU is a really great team!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha I would have thought "black student union" too since we had one of those at my high school! looks like a fun night at BSU!