Thursday, August 27, 2009

Dylan is 10! Yikes!

We all have those moments when we feel our age...we feel old...we wonder where the years have gone...how did I get here?!...well this past Monday I had one such day. Dylan turned 10!! Where did the years go? It feels like yesterday he was born and that we would go visit him in the NICU...then finally 4 months later we were able to bring him home. I am so grateful for my time with him and for the special way he entered into our family. We learned so much from that time, and I appreciate his life so much more because of it. 

We had a great day...he was able to choose...within reason...what he got to do that day. He chose to go to McDonald's and to see the movie Shorts. We had a great dinner and opened presents. I think he had a great 10th birthday!! I told Dylan he could have any kind of cake...which meant a cake shaped into a skateboard, skate ramp, legos, whatever he wanted. He thought it over and he asked for cake in ice cream cones. So it jazz it up a bit, I took out the top part of the cake, put ice cream in, put the top back on and then added whipped cream and sprinkles. He was very pleased and they were yummy!







Doesn't he look so grown up?! How did this happen?!! 
BTW...he is in the fifth grade now!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I cannot believe he is TEN!!!! That does make age come smacking up on us! Wow! Well, at least he's a pretty on the ball 10 year old.