Thursday, August 27, 2009

The new school

We were able to go and "meet the teacher" on Tuesday of this week. I like the kids teachers and think they are a good match for them. Which is great since no one knows us! I was amazed...and so will you by this school and what is given for the "free education" here.

1. Dylan noticed that the bathrooms were clean and looked like a safer place to pee. They have  the cool sensors that turn the water on for you.

2. The cafeteria is the only place where they eat...no more eating outside.

3. The whole school is indoors...only one way to get in during school hours.

4. There is a computer lab....seriously a whole room filled. And each classroom has 2 or 3 computers.
5. Music. There is a music room...the kids go 2 times a week to music class. And then the kids can participate in the orchestra if they want to.

6. The GYM. This is what got me. This gym looks a high school gym. Unbelievable.
I am so impressed with this school...and they tell me that all the schools are like this one. This is newer, but they all have the same accommodations. Everyone thinks I am crazy because I am in such awe of what is at our fingertips here. We are lucky in be in Boise, Idaho.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Okay, maybe I am a little desensitized since I've only experienced school for my kids in Utah. It looks like a nice school...a really nice one. But, still definitely in the realm of normal. At least for here. Has it really gotten that bad in California?