Sunday, November 16, 2008

Losing teeth


Samantha is a the age of losing teeth. She had her front top tooth hang on for dear life. I have been twisting and pulling this tooth for WEEKS now! We have tried just about everything. We even told her that the tooth fairy would give her $5 if the tooth came out by the end of the day last weekend...that didn't work either.(She also has another tooth with a cavity in it that I want to fall out, the dentist wanted to wait to see if it would fall out on its own.) Her grandparents...both sets have tried to encourage the tooth to come out. Her Dad has nicknamed it "snaggle"...poor Samantha. It has been twisted so much that it sticks straight out...and so today we are trying to keep the Sabbath Day Holy and rest. The kids haven't gotten that memo...in playing Dylan kicks Samantha in the face...knocking out the "snaggle" tooth. It was a bloody mess, she still had blood on her cheek and lips when I took the picture..more dramatic that way. haha I wasn't sure if Dylan should get in trouble for kicking Samantha in the face or a reward for getting "snaggle" out. Samantha was so excited...she put the tooth in a bag and brought me my camera. And Dylan thinks it is pretty cool that he kicked her in the faced and knocked a tooth out..he is quite proud. I think we need to have a talk with him about things to be proud about and things not to be proud about...(note to self. (: )

1 comment:

Jen and Dave said...

ShannaBanana!
I am laughing at your Twilight post out loud! I did hear that the soundtrack was lovely so I will definitely give that a go! I love reading of your family adventures too! It looks like you are having lots of fun being a mom and recording the daily happenings. Go you!
Thanks for offering to help with the wedding and always being there for a sista. You rock!
Hey, are you going to an ornament exchange this year (Tal's)? Just wondering if she is still doing that, I miss those!
This is so random but I know you will understand...I would kill for an Old Navy here in Bishkek right now!